The town upon the river Salzach is the centre of the southeast region of Bavaria. In the region of Altötting it is the largest town with a population of 19.000. It´s not only due to the very mild climate that people call it “the Merano of Bavaria”. Located between Passau and Salzburg, the town provides thousands of jobs, not only in the chemical industry. Burghausen is also a “Jazz metropolis” and the cultural heart of the region. Austria is a short walk away and there are many options for sportive tourists.
The highlight and landmark of the town is the castle. The views of the old town and the lake below, neighboring Austria as well as of the Alps. We especially recommend guided tours of the castle. The hotel team will gladly organise a tour for you.
Our Services at a Glance
- international breakfast buffet
- secure wifi free of charge in the building
- faxing/copying service
- conference room with state of the art technology
- locked parking lot with direct hotel access
- free parking in front of the hotel
- sauna and gym
- golfing packages for 12 top golf courses
- up to 50 % green fee discount
- procurement of tickets for concerts
- organisation of boat rides on the river Salzach
- transfer to Munich or Salzburg airport
- key safe for late arrivals